1. The Amazon is the biggest tropical rainforest in the world. The forest is spread over 5.5 million square kilometres.
2. It is so vast that it is found in Northwestern Brazil and further stretches out into South American nations such as Peru, Venezuela, Colombia, Ecuador, Guyana, Bolivia, Suriname, and French Guiana.
3. The Amazon River flows through the north of the rainforest.
4. Amazon forest is the home for dangerous species such as the cougar, jaguar, and anaconda.
5. Many people believe that the Amazon rainforest produces 20% of the world's oxygen.
6. The rainforest is so dense that sun rays cannot penetrate the floor.
7. Moreover, when it rains, it takes several minutes for the rain water to fall on the ground!
8. The forest is the home of
40,000 plant species,
3,000 types of fish,
20% of the world's bird species
430 species of mammals,
And 2.5 million different species of insects.
9. More than half of the Amazon rain forest almost 60% is found in Brazil.
10. About 400-500 native Amerindian tribes live in the Amazon rainforest region.
or reload the browser