1. The Golden Gate Bridge is a well-known attractive landmark in the north of California.
2. The bridge links San Francisco to Marin county towards the north.
3. The suspension bridge was opened in 1937 for the public. Then, the bridge was the longest and tallest one.
4. Sadly, it is the most dangerous suicidal point in the world. Many people take a suicidal jump over the bridge every year.
5. The bridge was structured by the Architecture firm Strauss Engineering Corp.
Irving Morrow and Charles Alton Ellis took a shot at its plan.
6. The bridge is so attractive that it draws attention of many filmmakers. People take selfies and photographs when they see it. The bridge can be seen from long distances.
7. Before the bridge was constructed the journey from San Francisco to Marin County was the difficult one. The passengers or commuters had to take the ferry. A few of the passengers used to take the extra miles before reaching to destiny.
8. It was constructed on 5 January 1933. The bridge's length is 2824 meters.
9. The iconic bridge is 8,981 feet in length and weighs 887,000 tons.